The provisional program includes a biochar session on Tuesday, 13Dec that identifies eight 10min presentations… sadly all of Australian origins. Many other presentations at this huge event will have overlapping interest with the biochar community. If you are planning to attend, it would be great if you could offer up your services as a roving reporter on biochar interest, and report back on the event.
“We hope that you are looking forward to the upcoming New Zealand Society of Soil Science and Soil Science Australia joint Conference.
We are delighted to present the first edition of the provisional programme for NZASSS 2016. We received a record-large number of abstracts. Based on external reviews and a thorough assessment by the Scientific Committee, we are proud of the result.
The Conference will also feature:
- Over 100 posters
- A panel session facilitated by Kim Hill of Radio New Zealand. The panellists will address future challenges and pressures placed on our soils by competing production, social, political and environmental demands
- Five keynote speakers
- Three plenary speakers
- A Soil Judging Competition
- Two field trips
- Pre & post conference trips
- Welcome function in the Botanical Gardens
- Student function at the Queenstown Bowling Club in the Botanical Gardens
- Conference dinner at the Skyline Gondola
- Fun touch rugby game at Memorial Park
We look forward to seeing you in Queenstown this December!”